Ragging is a form of abuse on newcomers to educational institutions. Some senior students force the unorganized newcomers to undergo several forms of mental, physical and sexual abuses and includes.
- Teasing or abusing, playing practical jokes orcausing hurt to any student.
- Asking any student to do any act, or perform anything, which he/she would not, in the ordinary course, be willing to do.
- The juniors are usually too frightened to resist their organized group of tormentors. In recent times thispractice has turned ugly. Every year number of cases of severe physical ragging as well as sexual abuses during the ragging. This has a great adverse psychological impact on the personality of the students and the scars of such incidents take a very long time to heal.
Punishment for Ragging
Depending on the nature and gravity of the offence as established by the Anti Ragging Committee of the University, those found guilty of ragging shall be liable for any one or more of the following punishment. The decision of the Anti Ragging Committee shall be final and binding.
- Cancellation of admission.
- Suspension from attending classes.
- Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/fee concession and other benefits.
- Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process.
- Withholding results.
- Debarring from representing the University in any fest. Sports or other such events.
- Suspension/expulsion from the hostel.
- Rustication from the University for a period up to 4 semesters.
- Expulsion from the University and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution.
- Fine of Rs.25000/-
- In the case of offences of very serious/grievous nature, referring the case to the Police, in addition to any other punishment.
- Collective punishment where the offence is committed collectively by a group or by a class making it difficult or not possible to identify specific persons.
Say no to Ragging
Ragging is a punishable crime and it should not be defended at any cost. It has a severe psychological impact on the young minds. Any form of ragging – mild or harsh need to be objected at the beginning itself because domination hurts one’s self-esteem and dignity. What we need to do is go to college with an open mind, interact with seniors, and enjoy their jovial leg pulling and healthy banters. Don’t do anything against your will, report anything thing abusive to the authority or to the anti-ragging squads of your college premises. Anti – ragging squads keeps check on unhealthy ragging in the college campus and they are there to help you out.
- The Anti Ragging committee is constituted with senior faculty and non-teaching staff. The committee will be vigilant to restrict ragging inside and outside the campus.
- The college adopts a no ragging policy.
- Ragging is a punishable crime under law
ANTI RAGGING COMMITTEE
INSTITUTE LEVEL ANTI RAGGING COMMITTEE
|6||Dr.D.Lakshmayya Nadu||MEMBER SECRETARYemail@example.com|
INSTITUTE LEVEL ANTI RAGGING SQUADS
|5||Dr.Smitha Patnaik||MEMBER||8885934567||edalasmita@ yahoo.com|
|7||Dr.Jayanth Kumar P||MEMBERfirstname.lastname@example.org|
HOSTEL LEVEL ANTI RAGGING SQUADS
|4||Dr.Nibha Kumari Singh||MEMBERemail@example.com|